Alachua County Releases Tentative Budget for Upcoming Fiscal Year
Less money and fewer jobs. That's what Alachua County will have deal with, according to a tentative budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
After months of planning, Alachua County manager Randall Reid presented the plan to county commissioners. The tentative budget totaled $326.5 million. It also included a reduction of 23 positions and no new positions will be added.
Most importantly, these numbers are all based on an increased millage rate, tentatively going up from 7.57 mills to nearly 8.05 mills.
"That has allowed us not to take some of the draconian measures that we would've had to take," said Alachua County manager Randall Reid. "However, obviously we're still down 23 positions, it would've been far more than that if there's not an effort to maintain our revenue."
Commissioners did not take any action on the plan today. Randall Reid said the tentative budget will be reviewed in the coming months, including budget hearings in September.
- City Manager Released Budget For 2009 And 2010 Fiscal Years
- Alachua County Firefighters Protest Tentative County Budget
- Alachua County School Board Tentative Budget
- With New Fiscal Year Approaching, City Leaders are Working to Budget Biomass Plant
- Tentative Agreement Made Between Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Some of Its Officers
- Inmate Escapes From Alachua County Work Release Center
- Alachua County Public Schools Release Grades
- Showdown at Alachua County Budget Meeting
- The Budget Impacts Staff and Inmates at the Alachua County Jail
- An Alachua County Budget Decision That Everyone Seems to Agree On...