Alachua County Wins National Awards
Alachua County has won three "Achievement Awards" and one "Best of Category Award" from the National Association of Counties.
The departments and categories that received Achievement Awards include:
· Office of Management and Budget (This was a joint effort between Alachua County and the City of Gainesville.)
County Administration Management Category
Submission: Annexation Transition Agreement - Interlocal Agreement between Alachua County and the City of Gainesville for the transition of services upon an annexation by the City of Gainesville within its municipal reserve area.
· Office of Growth Management
Information Technology Category
Submission: Web GIS Code Enforcement Tracker - online, real-time monitoring of code complaints and code compliance.
· Information and Telecommunication Services
Personnel Management Category
Submission: CHIPS Complete Hiring and Interactive Personnel System - A paperless human resources application created to help the Alachua County Sheriff's Office keep track of job application and hiring information.
The Office of Growth Management's submission won both an Achievement Award and a Best of Category Award in the Information Technology Category, according to a county press release.
There were only 20 Best of Category Awards given this year, and this is the second year that Alachua County has gotten a Best of Category Award.
"NACo is proud to confer these awards and recognize your county's hard work to promote quality, efficient and responsive management and administration," wrote Larry Naake, NACo executive director.
These departments will be formally recognized at the 13th Annual NACo Conference July 26 in Nashville, Tenn.
- Local student named one of Florida's Top Five Volunteers of the Year award.
- NAACP Awards Banquet Recognizes Community Leaders
- Hynes Honored with Service Award
- Bitter Sweet Award for Animal Shelter
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Receives SWAT Competition Award
- Teacher of the Year Award finalists
- Drug Testing of Welfare Recipients Unconstitutional in FL
- New technology identifying faces in Alachua county cold cases
- Academy Award Winning Actor Ernest Borgnine Dies
- Alachua County: Cornell Wins Commission Seat