Alligator Season in Two Weeks
With only two weeks until the start of alligator hunting season wildlife workers want to make sure gator-hunters are ready.
The season starts Aug. 15.
Every licensed hunter can only take two gators per season.
The lakes where hunting is permitted are Orange Lake, Newnan's Lake and Lochloosa.
Wildlife workers say all first-time gator hunters--or anyone who doesn't know all the rules--to attend seminars, should attend Fish and Wildlife seminars.
The hours for alligator season are one hour before sundown to one hour after sun up.
And officer Stanley says he and other officers will be out enforcing that and other rules.
- Alligator Found on Volusia County Beach
- Alligator Bites Teen on the Head at Florida Park
- 13-foot, 6-inch Alligator Captured in N. Fla.
- Alligator Finds Home Along Paynes' Prairie Trail
- Independent Florida Alligator set to move locations
- Gainesville Resident Admitted to Poaching Alligator
- Alligator safety awareness at Gainesville's La Chua Trail
- Alligator attacks man
- Alligators Being Kept Illegally As Pets
- Alligator Bite