Arrest Made in Archer Hit-And-Run Death
The Florida Highway Patrol has arrested the suspect involved in a early Thursday morning fatal crash.
On July 16, 2009 at approximately 12:50 a.m. FHP responded to the scene of a crashed motorcycle on SW 122nd Street, east of Archer. A 19 year old Gainesville teenager, Cory Van Leer, was pronounced deceased at the scene.
As the crash investigation progressed it was discovered that Van Leer and his 2006 Yamaha motorcycle were struck by another vehicle, which had left the crash scene.
Investigators were able to determine the make and the model of the vehicle that struck Van Leer from vehicle debris found at the crash scene, a Volvo XC 90 SUV.
The suspected vehicle was located by FHP troopers shortly after noon on Thursday. The driver was identified as 32-year old Renee Danielle Boykin-Garone, of Gainesville, Florida. Her vehicle was impounded for further forensics processing by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, with the results leading to her arrest.
Boykin-Garone was charged with Leaving the Scene of A Crash Involving Death, Leaving The Scene of A Crash Involving Property Damage, and Tampering With Evidence. She was booked into the Alachua County Jail pending first appearance.
- Hit-and-Run Suspect Arrested
- Police Looking for Hit-and-Run Car
- Man Turns Himself in for Hit-and-Run
- Important Evidence Found Day After Hit-and-Run
- Former UF Student Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison for Deadly Hit-and-Run
- Former Principal Accused in Stabbing, Hit-and-run
- 2 Arrests Made in Death of Bullied Florida Girl
- Arrest Made In Missing New Jersey Girl's Death
- Woman faces 30 Years for Hit and Run Death
- Woman Dies After Being Hit By A Car On Archer Road