Cancer Center Grand Opening
It's official, North Central Florida residents have a new option for cancer treatment. The new cancer center is full of all the latest technology. According to doctors the new equipment should cut down on patient treatment times and pain. Dr. Mark Perman says some cancer patients will be able to return to their normal lives with little to no recovery time after radiation treatments.
"All of the details that were looked at were to make the patient more comfortable, to make the experience as easy as possible, and to foster this sense of well-being." The doctors at the Cancer Center say their goal is to go beyond just diagnosing and treating. That's where "Patient Navigation" comes in. "What we consider the navigation process to be is taking a patient through their care. Through psychological processes, through financial processes, all the things that can really tie somebody down."
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- Grand Opening for Emergency Operations Center---In the Nick of Time
- Citizens Co-op Holds Grand Opening
- Archer Celebrates Grand Opening of Community Center
- Pollo Tropical Restaurant Grand Opening
- UF Health Drops Lawsuit, ORMC Trauma Center Will Stay Open
- Ocala Trauma Center Fights to Stay Open
- FEMA Recovery Center Open in Lake City
- Your Health: Treating Breast Cancer With New Technology
- Campaign Makes Cancer An Election Issue