City of Gainesville Budget Workshop
The city of Gainesville held a budget workshop Wednesday to discuss some of the options that would help a 7.2 million dollar deficit for 2010.
One of the main concerns for some residents is the recommendation to increase the milage rate by about 2.5%. On a property worth $200,000, it works out to be an annual tax of $41.
The city also proposed to save money by cutting or deleting 34 positions from agencies including GPD, fire rescue and city workers, like code enforcement.
- School Board Holds Budget Workshop
- Gainesville City Commissioners Near End of Budget Discussions
- Homeowner Workshops Offered in Ocala and Gainesville
- With New Fiscal Year Approaching, City Leaders are Working to Budget Biomass Plant
- City Budget Talks
- City Commissioners Pass Budget; Trouble on the Horizon
- City Budget Remains Largely Unchanged
- City Manager Released Budget For 2009 And 2010 Fiscal Years
- City Manager Proposes Balanced Budget
- Gainesville to Face $2.7 Million Budget Deficit in 2015