Columbia County Sheriff Doing Just Fine, Despite Rumors
Sheriff's deputies say it was all a misunderstanding...
But in Columbia County Thursday... rumor had it, that the sheriff had been shot and killed.
And officials say the rumor spread like wildfire.
Concerned citizens, even some elected officials, called the sheriff's office to see if what they were hearing was true.
Sheriff Mark Hunter was taking many of those calls himself... and wants to set the record straight: he's alive.
The sheriff's office doesn't know how the rumor got started, but Hunter says, he wants everyone to know he's doing just fine.
In fact, he says he's better than fine-- Now he realizes just how many people truly care about him.
- Columbia County Sheriff's Position Up For Grabs
- Columbia County Sheriff Year in Review
- Columbia County Sheriff's Employee Accused Of Stealing $100,000
- A Grand Jury Says Former Columbia County Sheriff's Employees Commit Grand Theft
- Alachua County Students Safe Despite Shooting in D.C.
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home
- Alachua County Sheriff Asks County Commission For More Money
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Homeless Rates Up in Alachua, Columbia County