Columbia County Sheriff Doing Just Fine, Despite Rumors
Sheriff's deputies say it was all a misunderstanding...
But in Columbia County Thursday... rumor had it, that the sheriff had been shot and killed.
And officials say the rumor spread like wildfire.
Concerned citizens, even some elected officials, called the sheriff's office to see if what they were hearing was true.
Sheriff Mark Hunter was taking many of those calls himself... and wants to set the record straight: he's alive.
The sheriff's office doesn't know how the rumor got started, but Hunter says, he wants everyone to know he's doing just fine.
In fact, he says he's better than fine-- Now he realizes just how many people truly care about him.
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Four Stabbed During Argument In Columbia County
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- Levy County giving amnesty day for fines
- Citrus County hospice facility fined $3M
- Alachua County Students Safe Despite Shooting in D.C.
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Missing Alachua County Woman Found Alive Just Yards Away From Her Home
- For Alachua County Firefighters, Christmas Just Like Any Other Day
- Columbia Co. Deputies Searching for Shooting Suspect