Democrats Make Example of Health Care Stories
The state Democratic Party is making a case for health care reform. The Florida Democrats held a round table discussion in Tallahassee Monday (July 13) to hear from people who have had a hard time getting medical attention.
The Florida Democrats are recording the stories. Party Chairwoman Karen Thurman said the stories will be given to elected officials to urge them to pass legislation to reform the national health care system, according to the Capitol News Service.
“We pass those on to legislators across the state and our Congress members to make sure that they see the face to this issue and not just the numbers,” Thurman said.
About 45 million Americans don’t have access to health care; four million of those are Floridians.
- The Affordable Care Act: What You Need To Know
- Sebelius to Make Stops in Fla. for Health Care Law
- Medical Spotlight: Advanced Wound Care
- Senator Bill Nelson On Health Care
- Lead By Example, Teachers Strive to Live Healthier
- Biomass or Bio-mess? Part 3: The Austin Example
- Alachua County Democratic Party Wants Alachua County Democratic Black Caucus Charter Revoked
- Democrats VS Democrats
- 10/22/12 Fitzness Minute: Make Halloween about Fun, not Food
- Justices Take Up Heart of Health Care Overhaul Law