Former Gainesville Police Officer Sentenced
Former Gainesville police Cpl. Bill Billings was sentenced in court Tuesday morning.
Billings was charged with scheming to defraud and soliciting a prostitute.
The judge sentenced Billings to 24 months of probation. He must pay more than $9,000 in restitution to the city and the cost of the prosecution.
Billings gave a statement in court, apologizing to various people including the judge, his wife and a GPD captain .
"There's nothing I can say that will undo the wrong that I've done for so many years, I can only ask the courts to have mercy on me. I just want to apologize to Captain Lynn, she was my biggest advocate at GPD," Billings said.
Billings must also continue counseling and is restricted from areas in the city that are known for prostitution.
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Receives Two Year Prison Sentence
- Former Gainesville fossil dealer sentenced
- Former Ocala police officer arrested
- Candelight Vigil Held To Honor Former Gainesville Police Officer
- FDLE arrests former Gainesville police officer for theft
- Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
- Former UF Student Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison for Deadly Hit-and-Run
- Former Levy County Deputy Sentenced
- Former Marion County Teacher Sentenced To 80 Years
- Former GPD Officer Sentenced in Prostitution Case