Former GPD Officer Sentenced in Prostitution Case
Former Gainesville Police Corporal Bill Billings was sentenced in court this morning.
Billings was charged with scheming to defraud and soliciting a prostitute earlier this year.
The judge sentenced billings to 24 months of probation, he must pay more than 9-thousand dollars in restitution to the city and the cost of the prosecution.
Billings gave a statement in court apologizing to various people including the judge, a former co worker and his wife. “There's nothing I can say that will undo the wrong that I've done for so many years, I can only ask the courts to have mercy on me. I just want to apologize to Captain Lynn, she was my biggest advocate at GPD,” Billings said.
Billings must also continue his counseling and is restricted from areas in the city that are known for prostitution.
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Sentenced
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Receives Two Year Prison Sentence
- Former GPD Officer's Voicemail Threat
- Former GPD Officer May Lose Pension
- GPD Prostitution Scandal
- GPD: Man Prostituted Girl
- Former Gainesville fossil dealer sentenced
- Former UF Student Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison for Deadly Hit-and-Run
- Former Levy County Deputy Sentenced
- Former GPD Detective To receive Top Honor For Solving Crime