Ft. White Woman Arrested for Counterfeiting
Columbia County Sheriff's Office detectives served a search warrant Wednesday at the home of Rhonda Renee Duhart, 32, in reference to a counterfeiting investigation.
This investigation began with the Bradford County Sheriff’s Office. Their investigation into a counterfeit $100 bill led to Columbia County where CCSO became involved in the investigation, according to the Columbia County Sheriff's Office release.
Detective Todd Green received information that Duhart was possibly selling counterfeit U.S. currency out of her home. He received a search warrant for the Ft. White residence, and the warrant was served at about 9:45 p.m.
Detectives discovered counterfeit U.S. currency in $100 and $20 denominations. Detectives seized a computer, printer and printer paper from the home, according to the release.
It is alleged that Duhart was selling the counterfeit bills out of her home. It is not known at this time if any of the counterfeit currency was passed to businesses in Columbia County.
Duhart was arrested without incident and booked into the Columbia County Detention Facility. She is being held on a $5,000 bond. The U.S. Secret Service will perform a forensic examination of the computer seized from the Duhart home.
This was a cooperative investigation between the Columbia County Sheriff's Office, the Bradford County Sheriff’s Office and the U.S. Secret Service (Jacksonville Field Office).
- Passing the Book in Ft. White
- Cold Classrooms at Ft. White
- Woman Caught Using Counterfeit Bills In Gainesville
- Two Arrested for Using Counterfeit Credit Cards
- Three Arrested for Counterfeiting Dollar Bills
- Six People Arrested For Counterfeit Bills
- Fla. Woman Arrested in Death of Fiance in Tennessee
- Woman arrested on neglect charges
- Suspect Arrested for Stalking Woman
- Gainesville Woman Arrested After Beating Up Mother & Cutting Nephew With Broken Window