One Gainesville neighborhood woke up in a very unexpected way...their neighbor's garage exploded. A burst of sound and their house literally moving several inches, that's what the Wolfson family woke up Thursday morning. There had been a gas explosion in their garage.
"My wife and I are laying in bed and we hear this unbelievably loud boom, initially we thought the tree came down on us but we ran out to the garage and saw that everything was on fire." The windows were completely blown out and the garage door flipped inside out. The fire is believed to have started because of a gasoline leak from a motorcycle in the garage. Fortunately, for the homeowners, a fire extinguisher was nearby. Wolfson says without it the house would have been distroyed.
"It saved the house there is no doubt about it. Without it this house would be a pile of ashes right now if we didn't have a fire extinguisher in the house." The only injury caused by the accident was Wolfson's sprained shoulder from him busting through a door to put out the fire. Wolfson was able to put out the entire fire on before Gainesville Fire Rescue arrived.
- Massive Explosions Rock Central Fla. Gas Plant
- Gas Line Explosion Lights up Road
- Gas station explosion
- Weapons, Explosives Found in Dorm at UCF
- What Caused the Texas Fertilizer Explosion? An Expert Weighs In
- Bomb Squad Blows Up Explosive
- Sheriff's Results from Horse Ranch Explosion
- Funeral Services for Horse Rehab Center Explosion Victim
- Explosion Rocks Downtown Thursday Night
- Man Suffers Severe Burns after an Explosion in his Apartment