Groundbreaking at UF Eastside Campus
The University of Florida's Eastside campus off of Waldo Road is expected to double in size with a new construction project.
The 82,000 square foot building will be home to new administrative services and 300 employees. University officials say the facility will cost as much as $15 million to build, and that money for the project is coming from a bank loan.
"This building is going to very good for the university, going to be good for this side of town, going to be good for the city of Gainesville, and in fact it's going to be good for North Central Florida," said University of Florida president Bernie Machen.
The new building is expected to be completed by April 2010. President Machen said the university is also planning to build a data center at the Eastside campus.
- Groundbreaking For New Fire Station
- UF Groundbreaking
- History Revisited at Gainesville Kanapaha Memorial Park Groundbreaking
- UF/Shands Family Medicine at Main Groundbreaking
- Depot Park groundbreaking
- State leaders mark the groundbreaking ceremony for the Kirkpatrick Center at Santa Fe College
- Groundbreaking Comedian Jonathan Winters has Died
- Scooter Theft Around University of Florida Campus
- Lawmakers File Bill That Would Allow Guns on Campus
- Local Cops Hold College Campus Safety Conference