Knife-Wielding Tampa Man Arrested At Levy County Park
Deputies responded to the Levy County Park on County Road 40 (also known as the end of the road in YankeeTown) Thursday in reference to a knife-wielding man chasing people at the park, according to the Levy County Sheriff's Office.
Upon arrival, a deputy observed Tampa resident Jerome C. Nasworthy holding a paddle over his head in an aggressive manner. Nasworthy was ordered at gun point to drop the paddle and get on the ground, and he complied.
Nasworthy had a pocket knife in his front right pocket, and he was taken into custody. An ambulance was summoned because Nasworthy was bleeding from his mouth and nose, according to the sheriff's office.
Three victims reported that Nasworthy was extremely drunk and he became angry when they were swimming around his boat. He chased them out of the water and through the park on foot, threatening them with a knife and also twisted a woman's arm, causing minor injuries.
The victims stated that they feared for their life but were able to elude any severe injuries. The victims stated that when Nasworthy threatened an unidentified man, he was punched in the face several times and that is how he sustained his injuries.
Nasworthy was transported by ambulance to Seven Rivers Hospital where he became belligerent with the doctor and refused treatment.
Nasworthy was discharged from the emergency room. Deputy Jay Crooms and Corp. Wilburn Wells were escorting Nasworthy to the patrol car when he threatened and kicked the deputies.
Nasworthy had to be physically placed in the patrol car, and he was transported to the Levy County Jail. Upon arrival at the jail, Nasworthy threatened Wells and stated that he would locate Wells when he gets out of jail and, with a lot of adjectives, he would do bodily harm to him.
Nasworthy was charged with three counts of aggravated assault, two counts of battery on a police officer, resisting arrest with violence, felony battery and one count of corruption by threat to a public official.
- Knife-Wielding Man Tased By Gainesville Police During Struggle at Area McDonalds
- Alachua County Man Arrested After Threatening Cab Driver With Butcher's Knife
- Levy County Man Arrested for Making a Destructive Device
- Man Arrested after Speed Chase in Levy County
- Highway Robbery, 3 Tampa Area Men Arrested in Alachua County
- Levy Man kills Wife, Arrested After Standoff With Deputies
- Levy Man Arrested After Scuffle
- Three Arrested for Grand Theft in Levy County
- Six People Arrested In Levy County Drug Bust
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Lieutenant Arrested for Armed Sexual Battery