Number of Car Burglaries Increase in Haile Plantation
While some North Central Florida residents were celebrating the 4th of July this weekend, some burglars were taking advantage of it.
Nine burglaries were reported to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office Monday morning and officials say the timing of the burglaries was probably not a coincidence.
Deputies say the break-ins in Haile Plantation appear to be the work of juveniles who targeted the unlocked cars of people who either weren't home, or didn't appear to be home, this weekend.
Six signs were also knocked down at the entrances to subdivisions.
Deputies say most of the vehicles were left unlocked... making them crimes of opportunity.
- Haile Plantation Residents Get Answers
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- Driver Escapes after Haile Plantation Sinkhole Swallows Jeep
- Suspect Arrested in Haile Plantation Rape Case
- Haile Plantation Jewelry Store Robbed at Gunpoint
- Anniversary of Haile Plantation Crime
- One Year After Haile Plantation Jogger Rape
- Two Events in Reaction to Haile Plantation's Recent Attack
- Woman Attacked in Haile Plantation