Suspect Uses Counterfeit Money at Fourth of July Festival
A person used a counterfeit $20 bill to pay for merchandise Saturday evening at a Fourth of July festival, according to the Lake City Police Department.
Jeff Bertram was selling merchandise, and he did not notice the counterfeit bill until he was counting his money. Police say Bertram also stated that he checked it with a counterfeit pen.
No suspects or witnesses have been found, and the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information about this crime is asked to please call Investigator Andy Miles at 386-752-4344.
- Fourth of July Festivities
- Fourth of July in Alachua
- Burn Ban's Impact On Fourth Of July
- City of Alachua Prepares for Fourth of July Celebration
- Fourth of July Events
- As Fourth of July Draws Closer, Firework Safety Remains a Concern
- Fourth of July Fireworks
- Poe Springs Re-Opens on July Fourth
- Two Arrested for Using Counterfeit Credit Cards
- Counterfeit Money At Oaks Mall