ASO to Escort Local Marine's Body
An area marine who was killed in combat one week ago is being honored by the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
The body of 26-year old Private First Class Wayne Vincent is scheduled to be flown into the Naval Air Station in Jacksonsville on Monday.
For the first time the Alachua county sheriff's office will escort the body to Gainesville.
The route has been released and the public is being encouraged to show their support along the way.
The plane will land at 11am Monday morning with deputies leaving the naval air station shortly after that. They will be taking this route all the way to Gainesville. ASO says the total trip time will be about an hour and a half.
We will have coverage on this story on Monday.
Sheriff Sadie Darnell has made it standard practice for any member of the military that resides in Alachua County and is killed in combat, to be escorted if requested by the family.
The route they are going to take is:
Turn South onto US 17 from NAS Jacksonville
Turn West onto Kingsley
Turn South onto Blanding taking Blanding through Orange Park and Middleburg
South of Middleburg motorcade will turn onto CR-215. This will bring them out to SR-16 in front of Camp Blanding
Turn south onto US-301
South on Waldo Road until 39th Avenue
West on 39th Avenue until CR-241
Destination will be at the Williams Thomas Funeral Home on CR-241
- Missing Marine's Body Found
- Family Speaks About Marine's Death
- Marine's Funeral Service
- FHP trooper hurt in crash while escorting body of fellow trooper
- An ASO Deputy's Life-Saving Vision
- New Grant Funds ASO's Child Sexual Predator Task Force
- ASO's special team gives boating safety tips
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found
- Amber Alert Ends in Jacksonville as Child's Body is Found