Chef Elmo Memorial Service: Sunday, Aug. 9
A memorial service will be held Sunday for Chef Elmo Moser, the well-known restaurant owner who was killed in a motorcycle accident Monday night.
The service on Aug. 9 will be a "Celebration of Life." The event will be held at 2 p.m. at the Best Western Gateway Grand in Gainesville.
The local motorcycle community will have a procession starting at the Publix shopping center in Jonesville at County Road 241 and Newberry Road.
They are meeting at 1:30 p.m.
Chef Elmo was a 77-year-old Alachua resident and a longtime owner of the Sovereign Restaurant in downtown Gainesville. He had been at the Sovereign for 30 years. More recently, he operated the "Great Outdoors Cafe" in High Springs.
Chef Elmo made a name for himself with his unique sauces and his personal interactions with his customers. He was known for his hugs.
On Monday, his motorcycle hit a motor home at the intersection of U.S. 441 and I-75. He leaves behind his wife, two daughters and two grandchildren.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for Aug. 14
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for Aug. 20
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for Aug. 22
- Chef Elmo Remembered
- Memorial for Member of Gainesville Sports Commission
- Gator Sports Recap: Sunday, October 20
- Gator Sports Recap: Sunday, March 17
- Sesame Street's Elmo And Cookie Monster Visit TV Twenty
- Local Chef Starts Cross-Country Culinary Adventure
- Master Chefs of the CIA at Eastside High School