Columbia County man arrested in connection to funeral home burglary
A 38-year-old Columbia County man was arrested last week in connection to a funeral home burglary.
Columbia County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a call at the Forest Lawn Funeral Home at about 10 p.m. Friday, where they discovered a broken window with blood on the glass shards. A witness notified the sheriff's office that a man was seen walking from the funeral home and entering a residence in the Flamingo Apartments next door.
Deputy Sheriff Paul Hebb tried to contact the residence and observed blood on the door and bloody clothes outside. Hebb entered and discovered Eddie Wayne Self lying on the bed bleeding from multiple wounds. He also found stolen checks from the funeral home under the mattress.
Surveillance video from Forest Lawn showed Self walking through the funeral home just prior to the call wearing the same clothes Hebb found him in.
Self was arrested on charges of burglary, petty theft and criminal mischief. He was taken to the Columbia County Detention Center, where he is being held on a bond of $11,000.
- Ring of Criminals Connected To 50 Burglaries Arrested
- ASO arrest man in possible connection to meth lab
- Man arrested for over dozen burglaries
- Arrest made in Gainesville home burglaries
- Two arrested in connection with 60 burglaries
- Lake City Teen Arrested In Connection With Multiple Burglaries
- Man arrested for car burglaries
- CCSO: Man arrested again in death of infant
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- Police searching for burglary suspect