Congressman Stearn's Tour on Healthcare and Education
The contentious debate in Congress over Healthcare Reform came to North Central Florida Tuesday afternoon... and it wasn't that contentious. While many members of Congress have held town hall forums that were disrupted by protestors, that did not happen to Congressman Cliff Stearns. Few of the congressional town hall meetings have been enlightening, but Congressman Cliff Stearns tour through North Central Florida was much quieter, even though he is not ready to make quick changes to the Healthcare System. "I think there are ways to solve this problem. I hope we move slowly and I hope we have the opportunity to have more discussion."
Stearns says that he believes part of the problem is that some misunderstand the bill and others are concerned that it will effect Medicare. He also stopped by Santa Fe and The University of Florida, where he spoke with educators to listen to their ideas and concerns as well.
- Healthcare Listening Tour
- Newly-Elected Congressman Ted Yoho 'Meets the Press'
- Obama's Healthcare Reform: One Year Later
- Cliff Stearns Visits Ocala Solar Company
- Celebrating Education: Newberry High School's Environmental Girls Make Global Impact
- A Tour of Ocala's Most Haunted Places
- Florida GOP Congressman Pleads Guilty to Cocaine Charge
- NCF Peanut Farmers Meet with Congressman Ted Yoho
- Congressman Yoho Calls Farm Bill Failure a "Disappointment"
- Congressman Meets Constituents of New Marion County District