Interlachen Man Starts Domestic Dispute, Has Brief Standoff with Deputies
A 34-year-old Interlachen man was arrested as a result of an armed domestic dispute, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office Monday.
Deputies were dispatched to an armed disturbance at 114 Mescallero Avenue in Interlachen. Prior to their arrival, John Merle Webb forced the mother of his two children into his white Isuzu Rodeo at gun point and attempted to flee the area.
Deputies located the car traveling westbound on State Road 20. The car was eventually stopped on a dirt trail west of Interlachen.
According to the sheriff's office, Webb exited the vehicle armed with a shotgun. After a short standoff, he was taken into custody without incident. No one was injured, and he is currently being detained in the Putnam County Jail without bond.
Webb was arrested for three counts of kidnapping/false imprisonment, two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and one count of domestic battery.
- Man Shot by Deputies after Domestic Dispute
- Levy Man kills Wife, Arrested After Standoff With Deputies
- Domestic Dispute Ends in Death
- Domestic Dispute Leads to Car Crash
- Professor Involved in Domestic Dispute
- Domestic Dispute Turns Into Wild Ride
- Four Dead in Domestic Dispute
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charge Over MySpace Dispute
- Man arrested after standoff in SW Gainesville
- Police Standoff Created as Wanted Man Barricades Himself Inside Jonesville Area Home