Labor Day Travel Down because of School
Now that school's back in, it may cut into one of the busiest holidays and travel time for families.
According to a recent study by Auto Club South, Labor Day falls late on the calendar this year. Public schools in this region began the year before the holiday. A 13% decrease is predicted nationwide for Labor Day weekend travel compared to last year. For Florida, Georgia and Tennessee, a 22% decrease is anticipated.
- More Travelers On the Roads for Labor Day
- Labor Day Labor?
- Christmas Tree Sales Down Because of Florida Heat
- Gainesville Police Officer Steps Down Because of Internal Investigation
- Labor Day Boater Safety
- Finding Leisure on Labor Day
- Levy County Cancels Private "Labor Day Extravaganza" Citing Safety Concerns
- Tips For Traveling On The Road... Memorial Day Weekend
- More Travelers By Car Than by Plane, This Memorial Day Weekend
- Travel Prices Up, But So Is Travel