Man Could Receive Life in Prison
Allen Mack was found guilty on Tuesday of Battery and Kidnapping as a result of a March attack on his girlfriend, according to the Williston Police Department.
This guilty verdict qualifies Mack for Life in Prison under Florida sentencing guidelines because he is a repeat felony offender. Mack served time in prison from 2003 to 2008 for the severe beating of a prior girlfriend.
In this case, Mack argued with his girlfriend, forced her into a truck, grabbed a shovel and headed for a remote area where he intended to kill and bury her. According to authorities, the victim escaped when the truck slowed, and she ran into a residence where the home owner called police. Mack was arrested three weeks later.
Sentencing has been deferred for 30 days so attorneys can prepare.
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life
- Man Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Killing Stepfather
- Man Charged With Killing Girl, 4, Receives Life Sentence
- Bartow Man Gets Life in Prison for Burning Father
- Atlanta Man Faces Life In Prison
- Man Receives Three Life Sentences
- Gainesville Woman Could Face 20 Years in Prison if Convicted of Medicaid Fraud
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Receives Two Year Prison Sentence
- Austin Jones Sentenced to Life in Prison without Parole