Ocala Fire Rescue Ranks 28th Busiest in Nation
OCALA- Ocala Fire Rescue’s fire station #1, located at 410 Northeast 3 Street, ranked 28th busiest in the nation according to a survey by Firehouse magazine, a national fire service publication. Last year, firefighters from this one firehouse responded 11,217 times.
Fire Battalion Chief Brian Stoothoff admits that being busy means that there are more fires and accidents. "It's unfortunate for citizens of Ocala, but at least they have a station that provides for their safety and protection," Stoothoff said.
Responding to building fires, vehicle fires, outside trash fires, grass fires and medical emergencies is just part of what firefighters experience on a regular basis. Ocala firefighters also respond to vehicle accidents, electrical hazards such as power lines on the ground, and hazardous material incidents.
- Baby Rescued From Kitchen Fire In Ocala
- Ocala Fire Rescue: 125 Years of History
- Forbes Ranks Ocala 5th in the Nation for Future Job Development
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Educates Residents On Fire Assessment Fees
- Fire Rescue Budget Under Fire
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Investigating Second Recent Fire in Apartment
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Search & Rescue in Ocala
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Without Generators, But Will Have Them In The Future
- Fire Rescue Management