UF Journalism Organization Receives National Recognition
A University of Florida student organization got the scoop Tuesday that it is receiving some national recognition.
The Society of Professional Journalists UF Chapter has been selected as SPJ's National Campus Chapter of the Year.
The UF Chapter planned and hosted more than 20 events last school year, including a campus-wide First Amendment Free Food Festival that taught students, faculty and Gainesville residents the importance of the First Amendment in their daily lives.
SPJ President April Dudash and Publicity Chair Sarah Henderson will accept the award at the SPJ national conference in Indianapolis at the end of the month.
- "Green" UF Athletics Facility Receives Special Recognition
- At-Risk Kids Receive Scholarships Through Take Stock in Children Organization
- Organizations Receive Food From Bennigan's
- Summer Journalism Institute Program
- UF College of Journalism may cut Documentary Institute
- Banyan Biomarkers Gains Recognition from General Electric and NFL
- School Sex Offender Recognition
- A Local Non-Profit Organization Says Popsicles Can Impact the Economy...
- Protecting The Body's Largest Organ
- Organizers Try To Make A Point With Car vs. Bike Rematch