Vehicle Burglary Bust
Two people are under arrest in Lake City for stealing more than $20,000 worth of merchandise. Over the past few weeks the suspects broke into at least 30 cars. According to Sgt. Edward Seifert, James Wilson, along with a juvenile partner whose name has not been released, the suspects rode their bikes along neighborhoods looking for valuables. "Most of these cars were just simply unlocked with a laptop sitting on the seat or a GPS unit hanging up in the window."
For the last few weeks Columbia County Detectives have been investigating the break-ins. One clue that lead them to the arrests was the shoe-prints the suspects left behind. A lot of the stolen items have been recovered. Columbia County Sheriff Officers are working to return the items to their rightful owners.
- Burglary Ring Bust
- Trenton Burglary Bust
- Burglary Bust
- Dixie County Burglary Ring Busted
- Vehicle Fee Increases
- Ocala Man, 18, Dies in Single-Vehicle Crash
- Two Adults, Four Kids Killed in Three Vehicle Crash
- Gainesville Man Accused of Stealing Vehicle, Possessing Counterfeit Money
- Two Passengers Critically Injured In Vehicle Crash
- Vehicle Hits, Kills Rare Fla. Panther