Walmart Shoplifter Charged with Grand Theft
Walmart personnel notified the Lake City Police Department Friday afternoon that they had a shoplifter in custody.
When police arrived at the Walmart located at 2767 N.W. U.S. 90, employees stated that they had observed Lorraine Hicks Williams, 47, conceal store merchandise in her purse.
Williams then exited the store without paying for the merchandise, which was valued at $317.94, according to the Lake City Police Department.
Williams told police she had stolen the merchandise because she wanted it and that she knew it was stupid to do so. She was arrested for retail grand theft and transported to the Columbia County Detention Center for booking.
- Dunkin' Donuts Manager Charged with Grand Theft
- Dunkin Donuts Manager Charged with Grand Theft
- Gainesville mayoral candidate arrested on grand theft charges
- Four Wanted in WalMart Thefts
- A Grand Jury Says Former Columbia County Sheriff's Employees Commit Grand Theft
- Five Suspects Arrested for Walmart Theft
- Attempted Walmart Theft
- Senior Citizen Arrested for Grand Theft
- Three Arrested for Grand Theft in Levy County
- Animal Rescue Operator Arrested for Grand Theft