2009 MDA Telethon Results
This year North Central Florida raised $140,341 for the Muscular Dystrophy Association during the local MDA Telethon over Labor Day weekend.
Nationwide contributions and pledges to the 44th annual Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon totaled over $60 million, according to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
The funds will allow the Muscular Dystrophy Association to continue funding worldwide research to find treatments and cures for muscular dystrophy and related diseases.
Contributions also provide assistance with purchase of equipment such as wheelchairs and leg braces; send thousands of children to MDA summer camp; and support more than 200 MDA clinics across the country.
Last year, supporters in North Central Florida pledged more than $166,000 to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
TV-20's David Snyder and Amanda Decker were hosts of this year's local MDA Telethon.
- Vote 2009 Results
- MDA Summer Camp Shifts To North Central Florida
- Investigation Results Back on Unnoticed 9-1-1 Call
- Primary Election Results
- Residents and Candidates Still Waiting on Election Results
- Recession Resulting in Drastic Changes
- City Commission Race Results are In
- Election Results
- 2008 Election Results
- Alachua Election Results In