Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
Employees at the Alachua County 911 center say they received an unusual call Tuesday that left them scrambling to stop a woman before she committed suicide.
The unusual part is that the man who called only knew the woman through a social networking site, and he only knew her first name, and that she might live in the Tampa area. This left authorities trying to put the clues together.
Alachua County authorities say they did all they could from here, using data bases to try to find clues to the woman's identity and her address before it was too late.
Pasco County authorities finally located the 28-year-old woman.
She had not hurt herself, and they took her to a hospital for mental evaluations.
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Laptops stolen from Micanopy Middle
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget
- Waldo agrees to pay off debt from use of center
- Two Bodies Found Inside Apartment from Apparent Murder-Suicide
- Lt. Jack Jacobs enters sheriff's race
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes
- Student Dies After Saving Schoolmate's Life In Crash
- NCF agencies search for missing woman