Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
Employees at the Alachua County 911 center say they received an unusual call Tuesday that left them scrambling to stop a woman before she committed suicide.
The unusual part is that the man who called only knew the woman through a social networking site, and he only knew her first name, and that she might live in the Tampa area. This left authorities trying to put the clues together.
Alachua County authorities say they did all they could from here, using data bases to try to find clues to the woman's identity and her address before it was too late.
Pasco County authorities finally located the 28-year-old woman.
She had not hurt herself, and they took her to a hospital for mental evaluations.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell: Full Interview
- Student Dies After Saving Schoolmate's Life In Crash
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Suwannee County Missing Woman Update
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Alachua County Sheriff Defends Deputies