Animal Abuse in Bradford County; Four Dogs left on Roadside
Authorities in Starke say it's an unusual case of animal abuse. Four dogs were left by the side of a road, and officials say it appears they'd been abused by their owner for years before being dumped.
The groomer who shaved them says it's the worst case she's ever seen.
The hair around their mouths became so matted they couldn't even eat, and the matted hair caused sores all over their bodies.
Their owner put them in a box and left them by the side of State Road 21 near Keystone Heights.
Officials say the dogs will survive, but they're going to need a lot of medical care, costing about $300 per dog.
Donations are being accepted at Community State Bank in Starke.
You can also contact the Bradford County Sheriff's Office with anonymous tips.
- Suspect Arrested in Putnam County Animal Abuse Case
- Animal Abuse in Dixie County
- Union County House Fire Kills Four Animals
- Car Crash in Dixie County; Two Men Airlifted to Shands
- Roadside Safety Checkpoint in Alachua County on New Year's Eve
- Dogs Left Inside Car Saved By Samaritans & Officer
- A Stroll Through One Belleview Neighborhood Ends in Animal Abuse Arrest
- Gainesville Man Arrested for Animal Abuse
- Allegations of Abuse at Animal Rescue
- Pilot UF Program Training Deputies to Identify Animal Abuse and Theft