Churches Across Five Counties Hit By Over Two Dozen Burglaries
Several law enforcement agencies are involved in the search for either a person or a team responsible for 26 burglaries – all involving churches. Alachua, Citrus, Hernando, Lake, Sumter and Marion County sheriff’s offices are working with the cities of Dunnellon, Inglis and Ocala police departments.
Law enforcement crime analysts are working together to keep track of church burglary data for the targeted area. This is an effort to zero-in on who may be responsible for these burglaries.
“Right now, neighborhood church leaders need to lock doors, update security measures and make deposits of cash as soon as possible,” said Judge Cochran, Marion County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information leading to an arrest(s). Call (352) 368-7867.
- Burglary Spree Across Gilchrist County
- String of Burglaries Hit Marion County
- FHP hopes to Reverse Hit and Run Numbers Across the State
- Deadly Hit and Run Crash in Marion County Over the Weekend
- Series of Church Burglaries Continues
- Five Burglaries in Northwest Gainesville
- Church Van Crash Kills 1, Injures More than a Dozen
- Church Van Crash Kills Two
- Two Men Arrested for Drugs, Suspected of Burglaries
- Two Men Arrested for Car Burglaries