Family and friends gathered earlier today to remember a restaurant owner who died Sunday after his motorcycle was hit by a car.
According to an FHP report, Edmund Cooper Jr. was traveling northbound on US 301 last Sunday evening around 8:30.
He was attempting to make a left turn onto SR 20 when a vehicle traveling southbound hit him.
Cooper was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. He was the founder and owner of the market street pub in Gainesville.
Amanda Mears remembers Cooper.
"Things happened so sudden; all of us are still expecting to see him every time we hear a bottle go into the recycling bin. We're always gonna remember him. This is his life's work right here," said Mears.
Funeral arrangements for Cooper have not yet been made.
- Weather May Not Cooperate as Atlantis Prepares for Return
- Memorial Day Weekend Picnic
- Memorial Service Alachua County
- Memorial Day events happening around North Central Florida
- Mile-Long Memorial Honors Fallen Heros
- Memorial Day Tribute in Dixie County
- WWII Veteran to Visit Iwo Jima Memorial for First Time
- KKK Flyers In Bell Bring Back Memories Of Racism
- Memorial Day Events
- Memorial For A Beloved Elementary School Teacher