Gainesville City Commissioners' Reactions to New Police Chief
As far as reaction to the chief announcement goes, some Gainesville City Commissioners say they think Tony Jones is the best man for the job.
They also say they don't regret the decision to make him the new police chief.... despite the amount of time-- and money--- put into the search ... even with Jones not being listed as a finalist for the job.
Commissioners say this is only a temporary solution to the search for a chief.
Jones will be police chief for one year, and then another decision will have to be made...
There might be another national search or it's a possibility that Jones will stay on after the year... after city leaders reevaluate the situation.
- Lake City Police Chief and City Manager Aren't Going Anywhere
- Lake City Gets New Police Chief
- Gainesville City Manager Looking for Candidates to Fill Police Chief Position
- Tony Jones Named New Gainesville Police Chief
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider New Roam Towing Regulations
- Two New Gainesville City Commissioners Sworn In
- New Gainesville City Commissioners
- Chad Scott: Alachua's new Chief of Police
- Ocala's New Fire Chief Meets City Council
- Recruitment Process for Gainesville's Police Chief Revealed