I-75 Shut Down in Both Directions After Tractor Trailer Overturns
Stretches of Interstate 75 are completely shut down in both directions in Hamilton County after a tractor trailer transporting several types of hazardous chemicals overturned and caught fire early this morning. The crash occurred around 5 a.m. near CR 132 in Lake City.
Northbound I-75 travelers will be detoured onto I-10 westbound in Columbia County. Not until they reach US 129 can they rejoin I-75 north.
Southbound travelers will be detoured onto the US 129 exit where they can travel southbound on either US 129 or US 41.
The detours will remain in place until the chemical spill and fire are fully assessed and cleaned up.
**UPDATE** As of 2:45 p.m. all lanes of I-75 are open.
- Phone Service Back Up in Waldo After Tractor Trailer Accident
- Five Injured After SUV Overturns On I-75 In Alachua County
- Semi-Tanker Accident Temporarily Shuts Down I-75 In Columbia County
- Dixie County Car Dealership May Shut Down After Former Employee Steals Thousands
- Driver Hospitalized After Truck Overturns
- Jacksonville International Airport Open Again After Being Shut Down for Removal of Destructive Device
- Homeowner Uses Upside Down American Flag to Prostest Direction of Country
- Slowing Drivers Down- Speed Trailer with Flashing Lights
- Casinos in Florida May Soon Shut Down
- Stolen Car Shuts Down Traffic