Lake City Gets New Police Chief
It was a day for the history books in Lake City. The city finally has a permanent police chief after six months without one.
Of the 51 police chiefs Lake City has had, Argatha Rigby-Gilmore is not only the first woman to hold the position, she's also the first African American.
She says one of her first goals is to get the department re-accredited, and show the community how much potential the department has.
Gilmore served on the Tallahassee police department for 25 years.
She was promoted to captain in 1998 and retired in August before coming to Lake City.
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Lake City Police Chief and City Manager Aren't Going Anywhere
- Lake City Police Chief Suspended
- Lake City Police Chief Resigns
- Lake City Police Chief Reinstated
- Former Lake City Police Chief On Resignation
- Gainesville City Commissioners' Reactions to New Police Chief
- Lake City Community College Gets A New Name
- Gainesville City Manager Looking for Candidates to Fill Police Chief Position
- High Springs New Police Chief