Man Arrested for Drinking and Driving his Motorcyle Naked
OCALA - He told sheriff's deputies he had just come from the restaurant "Hooters" when they stopped him on his motorcycle.
The problem was, he was completely naked.
Captain Mike Rolls was driving along Highway 200 in Marion County early Tuesday morning, when he saw something that made him do a double take.
It was 45-year-old Dante Kraus, naked and driving a motorcycle.
Captain Mike Rolls with the Marion County Sheriff's Office says,
"You could see from his feet which were bare, all the way up to his shoulders that he didn't have any clothing on."
Even after Captain Rolls drove up beside the naked Kraus, he didn't appear to be concerned, but instead jumped on the I-75.
Rolls says he got off one exit later at State Road 40 and ran a red light.
"I just kind of questioned him as to what was he doing and where was he going, he didn't know, the last place he remembered being was at Hooters on highway 200."
Kraus was given sobriety tests, which he failed. Deputies found him clothing and and then took him to the Marion County Jail.
This arrest will make it his fifth for driving under the influence of alcohol.
After Kraus bonded out of jail, he had only this to say, "That wasn't me."
Captain Rolls says,
"In my many years of law enforcement I've seen many things, but this would definitely be the first of this type."
- Columbia County Deputies Arrest Naked Burglar
- Man Arrested for Allgedly Murdering his Mother
- Man Arrested For Public Beating Of His Dog
- Mock DUI Shows Students Consequences of Drinking and Driving
- Naked Homeless Man Chews Off Another Man's Face
- Underage Drinking Arrests Continue to Drop
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- Gator Football Player Arrested For Driving Under The Influence
- Police: Man Robs McDonald's Through Drive-Thru Window
- Drive-By Shooting in Belleview Leaves 1 Man Dead and 1 Injured