Marion County Deputy Resigns, Charged with Battery on Pregnant Wife
Marion County Corrections Officer Anthony Votta has officially resigned his position today after being charged with battery upon a pregnant woman. That woman was his wife.
Back on August 9 of this year, Votta was arrested and charged with battery on his wife, who was four months pregnant at the time. The alleged incident took place inside Votta's home.
After being arrested, the Marion County Sheriff's Department launched an internal investigation of the incident. "The facts of the internal investigation made it clear that Mr. Votta had crossed the line," said Chief of Staff Tom Wilder.
The Marion County Sheriff, Ed Dean, has accepted Votta's resignation. He now faces criminal charges.
- Marion County Man Charged with Sexual Battery
- 3 Marion County deputies resign after investigations
- Man Charged for the Death of Pregnant Wife
- Jeff Choate Resigns, Gators Hire Coleman Hutzler
- Bishop resigns, Archer still without permanent city manager
- Blackburn resigns, commission selects Anthony Lyons
- Bradford County Corrections Deputy Arrested For Sexual Battery Against A Minor
- Two deputies investigated in alleged domestic battery
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- Deputies: Man Shoots at Wife in Alcohol-Fueled Dispute