Marion County Deputy Resigns, Charged with Battery on Pregnant Wife
Marion County Corrections Officer Anthony Votta has officially resigned his position today after being charged with battery upon a pregnant woman. That woman was his wife.
Back on August 9 of this year, Votta was arrested and charged with battery on his wife, who was four months pregnant at the time. The alleged incident took place inside Votta's home.
After being arrested, the Marion County Sheriff's Department launched an internal investigation of the incident. "The facts of the internal investigation made it clear that Mr. Votta had crossed the line," said Chief of Staff Tom Wilder.
The Marion County Sheriff, Ed Dean, has accepted Votta's resignation. He now faces criminal charges.
- Man Charged for the Death of Pregnant Wife
- Jeff Choate Resigns, Gators Hire Coleman Hutzler
- Bradford County Corrections Deputy Arrested For Sexual Battery Against A Minor
- Marion County Deputy Arrested for Soliciting Prostitution
- Man Shot By Marion County Deputy
- Marion County Deputy Arrested
- Deputies Looking for Missing Woman in Marion County
- MARION COUNTY MEN FACING MORE CHARGES
- Marion County Baliff Faces Charges After Giving Inmate Girlfriend Contraband
- Marion County Man Charged with Possessing Child Pornography