Newest "Officers" at GPD
The Gainesville Police Department welcomed two of its newest members to the force today for their first day of field training...
But for these "officers", field training means obedience training...
Richter and Argos are the two newest members of GPD's K-9 unit.
Each dog, and their handler, will go through 400 hours of training.
After mastering obedience training, Richter and Argos will then learn to track and search.
In about three months, when training is over, they can start patrolling... and that will bring GPD's K-9 count to six.
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes
- GPD Honored at The Capitol
- 4th Annual GPD Shop with a Cop event
- GPD Releases Sketch Of "Serial Streamer"
- GPD: Recent Car Thefts Tied to "Felony Lane" Activity
- GPD: High-Ranking Cuts "Very Likely"
- GPD says, "Sorry"
- UF Health Opens Gainesville's Newest Emergency Room
- America's Newest Citizen
- Archer's newest interim city manager