Ocala Business Man Accused of Having Sex with Minors
He is a well-respected man about town--the president of the Ocala Downtown Business Alliance and a business owner--but deputies say it was his after-hours activities that landed him behind bars.
According to deputies, 53-year-old Michael Franco sexually abused two teenagers, the first beginning 13 years ago.
That accuser is now 27, but her 15-year-old sister says Franco also abused her beginning in September of 2008.
Deputies say Franco would meet them somewhere, and then take them to his business called "Appraisal Specialists" on Magnolia Street Downtown, where they would have sex.
Some of those who know Franco are shocked.
Judy Havican, better known as Ocala's Hot Dog Lady says,
"I can't believe it, I just could not believe it, there's got to be more to that story."
According to a sheriff's office report, this isn't Franco's first arrest. He's been arrested for prostitution, indecent exposure and has a history of lewd and lascivious conduct with a minor.
Franco declined an interview with TV 20.
- 35-Year-Old Ocala Woman Accused of Having Sex with Minor
- Sumter County Man Accused Of Having Sex With A Child
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Having Sex With 11-Year-Old Girl
- Gainesville Man Accused of Having Sex With 14-Year-Old
- Gainesville Man, 35, Accused Of Having Sex With Young Boy
- Man Accused of Taking Picture of a Minor in a Bathroom
- Former Meridian Employee Accused of Having Sex with 14 Year Old Patient
- Loften High School Dean Behind Bars after Accused of Having Sex with Student
- Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With 15-Year-Old, Terminated From School
- Ocala Man Arrested For Obscene Communication With Minor