Road Construction Between 8th & Depot Starts Today
Work to reconstruct four miles of Main Street between 8th Avenue and Depot Avenue in Gainesville is scheduled to start today.
Traffic will be reduced to one lane in both directions. Work will include repairing sidewalks, adding wheelchair accessible ramps and installing new traffic lights. When construction is completed, Main Street will be a two lane street with a center turn lane, bike lanes and on-street parking.
The project is scheduled to last two years and cost $6 million.
- Depot Avenue/Main Street Construction Updates
- More changes for Northwest 8th construction project
- Local Elementary Bridging Gap Between Home & School
- Road Options Reviewed for 8th Ave Gainesville
- 8th avenue road work causing delays
- A Change at SW 8th Ave & SW 91st Street?
- Weekend Planner April 8th & 9th 2017
- Northwest Gainesville Road Construction Frustrates Drivers
- Road Construction forces Closures in Gainesville
- Vermillion Investigation Reveals Tensions Between ASO and GPD