Staff Sgt. Bryan Berky Remembered
As fellow soldiers in South Dakota honor an airman who was killed in Afghanistan Saturday, people in North Central Florida take the time to remember Staff Sgt. Bryan Berky of Melrose.
25-year-old Berky was an explosives technician. He was assigned to the 28th Civil Engineer Squadron at Ellsworth, near Rapid City, South Dakota. He was just one of three U.S. soldiers killed, due to an ambush. Berky graduated from Bradford County High school in 2002. His teachers say he was a great student and got along with everyone.
For more you can watch the video to the right.
- Operation Rebuild
- Homicide victim, 70, described as 'the voice of inspiration"
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Drowsy Driving Prevention Week in Florida
- Soldier Surprises Son in Time for Christmas
- FEDS: Sgt. Kirby asked officer to destroy evidence
- OPD arrest man asleep over the steering wheel of a stolen vehicle
- Berky's Body Comes Home
- Osceola student almost abducted by man in car
- Grandmother Speaks Out About Baby's Death