Staff Sgt. Bryan Berky Remembered
As fellow soldiers in South Dakota honor an airman who was killed in Afghanistan Saturday, people in North Central Florida take the time to remember Staff Sgt. Bryan Berky of Melrose.
25-year-old Berky was an explosives technician. He was assigned to the 28th Civil Engineer Squadron at Ellsworth, near Rapid City, South Dakota. He was just one of three U.S. soldiers killed, due to an ambush. Berky graduated from Bradford County High school in 2002. His teachers say he was a great student and got along with everyone.
For more you can watch the video to the right.
- Operation Rebuild
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Drowsy Driving Prevention Week in Florida
- Soldier Surprises Son in Time for Christmas
- Berky's Body Comes Home
- Grandmother Speaks Out About Baby's Death
- Citra Crash Kills Two
- Inverness man killed in crash in Marion County
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Seaworld Staff Take Part in Dolphin Rescue