Stolen Car Shuts Down Traffic
A stolen car in downtown Gainesville leads to multiple accidents involving seven cars today.
Around 3:15 p.m. a thief stole a state owned vehicle from the Florida Department of Transportation at 1500 East University Avenue in Gainesville.
Witnesses say the person was driving extremely fast and erratically. He was involved in three total accidents in three different locations ending in a multi car pileup in front of the Bo Diddley Plaza at 100 E University Ave.
The driver of the stolen vehicle had to be extricated and was rushed to an area hospital. He may not survive. A driver in another vehicle was taken to the hospital with less serious injuries.
- Dixie County Car Dealership May Shut Down After Former Employee Steals Thousands
- Traffic Stop Yields Stolen Drugs
- Casinos in Florida May Soon Shut Down
- I-75 Shut Down in Both Directions After Tractor Trailer Overturns
- Ocala Store Owner Shut Down
- Semi-Tanker Accident Temporarily Shuts Down I-75 In Columbia County
- Three Marion County Web Cafés Forced to Shut Down
- Software Glitch Shuts Down Santa Fe College Computers
- Oil Spill Could Reach Cedar Key; Clamming Business May Be Forced to Shut Down
- Kitchen Problems Temporarily Shut Down Gainesville Retirement Home