Two Arrested with Large Amount of Stolen Property
Two Jacksonville residents were arrested Monday night following a high speed pursuit that originally initiated in Flagler County, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.
A stolen gold Chevrolet Impala failed to stop for deputies, and fled into Putnam County where Putnam County Deputies eventually stopped the vehicle after utilizing stop sticks to deflate the tires. The stolen vehicle was stopped near the intersection of East State Road 100 and U.S. Highway 17 in San Mateo.
The vehicle contained a large amount of stolen property, including purses, computers, musical equipment, and various other items, according to authorities. Detective Chris Stallings determined that the items had been stolen from various college campuses and vehicle burglaries across the State of Florida.
The vehicle driver, Kevin Crews, was arrested for grand theft of the motor vehicle, fleeing and eluding law enforcement officers, driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, and an out of county arrest warrant. He was booked into the Putnam County Jail with a bond of $67,015.
The passenger in the vehicle, Daina Marie Bailey, was arrested and charged with grand theft of the motor vehicle and an out-of-county warrant. She was booked into the Putnam County Jail without the benefit of a bond.
Investigators, including the Alachua County Sheriff's Office, are currently in the process of identifying the multiple victims throughout the state to determine if any of the burglaries happened in the Gainesville area.
- Suspect Arrested for Grand Theft and Dealing in Stolen Property
- Stolen Property Returned
- Two Stolen School Buses from Alachua County Found Near Jacksonville
- Thousands of Dollars Worth of Tools Stolen from Two "Habitat for Humanity" Homes
- Two Buses Stolen From Alachua County School District Lot
- Terry Jones Arrested as Spirit of Faith Opens on Former Dove Property
- Routine Arrest Leads to Stolen Police Gun
- Arrest Made in Connection to Cocaine,Stolen Car
- MCSO Increases Amount of Assets Seized from Criminal Suspects
- Two Felons Arrested Thanks to Facebook Picture