Two Men Charged with Robbing Teen on a Bike
A 17-year-old riding his bicycle along Palmetto Street in Palatka on Friday night was robbed by two men who jumped out of a car and took his cell phone and $30 cash. The two men were later found and arrested by police.
Lazayeus Bartley, 19, and Roderick Bartley, 24, were arrested and charged with strong arm robbery and battery. Deputies from the Palatka Police Department found the two men inside a vehicle matching a description provided by the victim.
The victim positively identified the suspects for police. At the time of his arrest, Roderick Bartley had a warrant out in his name for a previous violation of probation. He is being held without bond, while Lazayeuas is being held on $6,008 bond.
This crime echoes one that took place in Ocala last week, when a bicyclist was also robbed of cash and a cell phone, and was beaten by two assailants.
- Two Men Charged with Abusing, Neglecting Their Mother
- Two Men Charged with Abusing Elderly Mother
- Man Wanted on Columbia Embezzling Charges Arrested After Robbing Ocala Bank
- Two Gas Stations Robbed in Lake City
- Police: Two Armed Suspects Rob Business, Duct Tape Victim
- Man Uses Plastic Gun To Rob Two Women
- Two Delivery Drivers Robbed at Gunpoint
- Crash Kills Two Fathers and Two Teens in Dixie County
- MARION COUNTY MEN FACING MORE CHARGES
- 2 Men Arrested and Charged With Murder in Ocala