Air Boat Debate Still Making Noise in Alachua County
A debate over restricting air boats is still making noise. .. but not a lot was accomplished at Tuesday's Alachua County commission meeting.
Commissioners agreed to reword the proposed ordinance and review it again in a month.
For one thing, they want a provision that allows air boats to be used at night for emergencies.
Many residents near Orange Lake complained about air boat noise...and the commission considered restricting air boaters from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
But many boaters say...that would have a negative impact on alligator hunting and boating businesses...which brings a lot of money into the county.
- Candidates Discuss Issues at Debate
- Barr Hammock Debate Not Over
- Democratic sheriff's candidates debate
- Sheriff's debate turns personal
- Turkey Creek Residents Take Biomass Noise Concerns to Alachua City Commission
- Months Later, Tent City Still A Messy Situation
- Howard W. Bishop eighth grader still in critical condition
- Gainesville Smoke Shop Raided After Drug Makes 28 People Sick
- Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
- Rachael Ray $100,000 Adoption Challenge Ends, Makes Alachua Co. History