Cedar Key Fishermen Against Oyster Proposal
Florida fishermen say a proposed federal regulations could leave the Florida oyster industry. A proposed FDA Gulf Coast oyster regulations that would take effect in 2011 has the potential to destroy area business in Cedar Key. The FDA Regulation would ban the sale of live Gulf Coast oysters unless they are treated chemically.
TV20's Josh Rosenthal explains it has the potential to not only destroy bacteria but livelihoods for many in the area - for more you can watch the video to you right.
- Harvesters Struggle to Find Live Oysters in Cedar Key
- Oyster Calamity In Cedar Key
- Local Fishermen Use Clams To Get Oysters
- Oyster Ban Proposed By FDA
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Cedar Key Gears Up to Celebrate Clamerica
- Cedar Key Seafood Festival
- Cedar Key Postmaster Takes POW-MIA Flag Down
- Award Winning Clam Chowder In Cedar Key