Cedar Key Fishermen Against Oyster Proposal
Florida fishermen say a proposed federal regulations could leave the Florida oyster industry. A proposed FDA Gulf Coast oyster regulations that would take effect in 2011 has the potential to destroy area business in Cedar Key. The FDA Regulation would ban the sale of live Gulf Coast oysters unless they are treated chemically.
TV20's Josh Rosenthal explains it has the potential to not only destroy bacteria but livelihoods for many in the area - for more you can watch the video to you right.
- Oyster Calamity In Cedar Key
- Harvesters Struggle to Find Live Oysters in Cedar Key
- Local Fishermen Use Clams To Get Oysters
- Oyster Ban Proposed By FDA
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- Cedar Key Arts Festival Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Town raises money for Cedar Key Prom
- Library Burglarized in Cedar Key
- Cedar Key residents prepare for Fay