Changes in the City of Archer
Now it's official: the city of Archer has a new manager.
A reception was held at city hall today to thank outgoing interim city manager Ruth Henderson and welcome incoming permanent city manager John Glanzer.
Glanzer, a former mayor of Newberry, says he sees Archer as a diamond in the rough. While he listed a sewer system as the city's top priority overall, he said he plans on starting with changes that can be made quickly, like an improved recreation program.
A new city manager isn't the only change in Archer.
Residents recently elected two new city commissioners. They replaced two commissioners who resigned mid-term.
Change is nothing new in Archer-- their new city manager is their seventh in just the past five years. But residents are hopeful this round of changes brings results.
Watch the video to the right to find out more.
- City Commissioner Walks Through Archer Braid Trail
- City of Archer and GRU Partner Up for Potential Natural Gas Franchise
- Possible Sewer System For The City Of Archer
- Archer City Commission
- Boil Water Advisory for City of Archer
- Archer Residents Disappointed at City's Lack of Response
- High Springs City Manager Defends Changes For Police Department
- Changes to Gainesville City Commission Public Comments
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- Gainesville Mayor Looks Back, As City Prepares For Changes