Community Gathers for Tribute to Alachua General Hospital
People from across North Central Florida all came together to express their gratitude for a place that has helped so many.
A large portion of the thanks went to everyone who has worked at Alachua General Hospital over the years.
"It represents everybody in this community," said Beverly Wurts, who's worked at AGH for 43 years. "It's been the community hospital for years, and years, and years. And not only the community hospital, it's been the hospital for multiples counties."
Bricks from the building were also handed out and people could leave messages on one of the lobby walls.
"Every day we touch the souls and lives of the patients that we take care of," said Critical Care Director Harvey Norton. "Health care begins by touching the souls, and this happens at this institution. AGH has been a part of our soul; we're very happy to be here."
Shands AGH will close on Nov. 1.
- Community Paid Tribute to Fallen Firefighters
- Friends, Family, and Colleagues Gather To Honor Community Leader at Retirement Party
- Hundreds Gather at a Local Jewish Community Center For The Start Of Passover
- Community Hospital Working to Repair Reputation
- Community Gathers to Remember Charlie & Braden Powell
- Community Helps Alachua Family Recover and Rebuild
- Alachua County Jail director selected for N.Y. Community College Hall of Fame
- Alachua County "Community Conversations" 2011
- Tragic Anniversary Tribute
- Residents Pay Tribute to Donald Wayne Vincent