Grassroots $2009 Challenge
It's hard to imagine buying a reliable car for $2,009 let alone race that car. But that is what teams did today at the Tenth Annual Grassroots Motorsports 2009 Challenge. Grassroots Motorsports Magazine hosted the event. People from all over the nation showed up to race their roadsters.
Each group had to develop and assemble the race cars under a strict budget. The cars were judged in three divisions including appearance, autocross and drag racing. The results will be combined to name the winner. Winners will be awarded trophies for different categories. You can still see the drag racing competition on Saturday at the Gainesville Raceway from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Eat Local Challenge Promotes Local Economy
- Remembering the Challenger, 25 Years Later
- UF Eco-Challenge
- ESPN Coaches' Challenge
- Green Challenge
- Bo Diddley's Family Challenging His Will
- Chess Challenge
- Few Challengers To State Attorneys on Ballot
- Fitzness Olympic Challenge
- 31 People Complete 24-Hour Endurance Challenge