Grassroots $2009 Challenge
It's hard to imagine buying a reliable car for $2,009 let alone race that car. But that is what teams did today at the Tenth Annual Grassroots Motorsports 2009 Challenge. Grassroots Motorsports Magazine hosted the event. People from all over the nation showed up to race their roadsters.
Each group had to develop and assemble the race cars under a strict budget. The cars were judged in three divisions including appearance, autocross and drag racing. The results will be combined to name the winner. Winners will be awarded trophies for different categories. You can still see the drag racing competition on Saturday at the Gainesville Raceway from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Eat Local Challenge Promotes Local Economy
- National Challenge Encourages Local Shelter To Save Lives
- Citizens Hope to Challenge Gender Identity Ordinance
- National Progam Challenges Local Students to Break Barriers
- 4th Annual Southeast Regional Firefighter Combat Challenge
- Fans Pack Swamp for Gator Charity Challenge
- Canned Goods Challenge Kicks Off
- Marsh Supporters Challenge Election Results
- Few Challengers To State Attorneys on Ballot
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge