Ocala Store Owner Shut Down
A store owner in Ocala had until today to fix violations after failing code and fire inspections. But time's up, and there's still work to be done. Ray Cates, better known as "Ray the Trader" has run his Ocala collector's book store since 1967. Last week, fire and code officials shut down the store, after Cates failed two separate inspections. They gave him until today to fix the problems but he says it was too much work and too little time.
"They didn't give me any time at all. They were just wanting it by this Sunday. I'm almost 69 years old, I can't just run around and get that done. What they were actually doing and I explained it to them, is putting me out of business", said Cates. He says he wasn't able to get it done because among other things, they want him to make the aisles as wide as the door. In order to do that, Cates will have to move hundreds of books around. Cates says he will just stay closed until he is able to get the job done.
- Store owner robbed at gunpoint in NW Ocala
- "Bong Ban," in Florida Doesn't Change Much for Store-owners
- Store Owner Arrested For Selling Synthetic Marijuana
- A STORE OWNER GETS HELP FROM CUSTOMERS
- Wild Waters May Shut Down
- Angel Food Shut Down
- Northbound I-75 Shut Down
- I-75 lanes shut down for 6 hours following deadly crash
- Organization shuts down street, pushing for active community
- City shuts down in-home restaurant